Thursday, 7 February 2013

Walker style!

I have put the wheels in motion for my embroidery. I have started with James as I just wanted to get going with it already. This was taken from a sketch I did of him some time ago. It's not an exact likeness, but good enough I think. I was playing with putting some text around him, but my initial thoughts were too clumsy, so I have reduced this down to be a bit less obvious. I began by drawing straight onto the fabric with a fabric pen which dissapears once wet.


Not sure which side I prefer. Front or back? I'm going to embroider on both sides and decide which is best at the end.



Some of the detail I will be adding will be inspired from Guatemalan textiles that I have collected through visiting family in Central America (mainly Belize).



Not looking like much yet, but I hope to make this jam packed with imagery and colour.

No comments: