Monday, 4 March 2013

Watercolours and Mollie Makes Liberty fabric

I was looking through my box of paper the other day and found a little pile of watercolour paper that must have been hanging around for some time. In fact there was some attempt at a fashion illustration on one piece, so it is definitely from my university days. I thought I may as well put it to good use, so spent the weekend trying to think of some pictures I may like to paint. On a seperate note, I subscribed to Mollie Makes a few weeks ago and received the free Liberty fabric samples, which I used as inspiration for the background of one of my pictures.


I scanned this image of a street in Barcelona before colouring it in as I am happy with both versions. This was from an original sketch I did when I was there several years ago (as if you can't tell)


I started out making a paper breakfast, but decided to repeat this in watercolour (unfortunately didn't get to eat this for real!). I think I will make some stamps of these simple shapes for a new print idea.



No comments: