Saturday, 6 April 2013

Alphabet embroidery

I thought that my illustrated alphabet from a couple of weeks ago would make a perfect embroidery project and below is the result. I started out by enlarging the design to A3 and marking the letters on some linen with a water soluble pen and then made it up as I went along from there. Some of the letters are decorated with pattern or form relating to the character and others are just decorated randomly. I have a bag of different colour embroidery threads, so tried to use a different colour on each letter. I stretched the fabric in an embroidery hoop to carry out the work as it made it alot easier to handle.