Sunday, 25 August 2013

'J' Dress with lovely pintucks

Well, this time I do not have an image of the original from the book as I have not had time to take the picture, but here is the finished garment.


I have gone for a simple smock style (again!) and have adapted the finishing slightly by not including a functional button down front and adding in side pockets. The material is a medium weight woven cotton in very fine white and navy stripe.


I have added non-functional mother of pearl buttons for a bit of extra detail and used a navy thread to add contrast to the overall lightness of the dress, but tie in with the fabric weave.


The gathered details to the sleeve head, cuff and back neck all add feminine detail to this very simple tunic.

Inside detail of side pockets


2 comments:

cathy said...

love it! im working on this exact same dress, but mine makes me look like a hospital patient... :/ love your modifications!

Marilla Walker said...

Ah, thanks lovely. I must confess I did make a mistake with the length, so it has ended up a bit shorter, but I think this is for the best! Let me see once you've finished. Always keen to see what other people have made. X