Thursday, 15 August 2013

Japanese sewing pattern books

I have just been paid for the first time in what seems like ages and I've gone and had a bit of a book splurge! As well as Susan Crawfords 'a stitch in time volume 2' (an amazing knitting book), I have ordered a few Japanese sewing pattern books. I'm still waiting for one to arrive, but the 2 I have got are enough to keep me busy for a while!

Book 1 is 'Feminine wardrobe: 21 beautiful skirts, dresses, and tops'
Book 2 is 'Stylish dress book: simple smocks, dresses and tops'


I'm going to start by making the following three items this weekend and see how they fit! 

Draped neck dress - I have a fine cotton with bold floral print cut for this
Button front smock - this will be made from a medium weight denim with woven check surface (hopefully the fabric's not too heavy)
Pleated front top - I found an unused piece of vintage peachy floral cotton fabric in a charity shop perfect for this.
I have already made start and traced my pattern pieces onto some grease proof paper (much cheaper than tracing paper) and cut most of the fabric. Just a bit more cutting and the sewing can commence!

No comments: