Sunday, 2 March 2014

Quick pink skirt

This was a super quick make that turned a sewing disaster into a sewing triumph!

Some time ago, I bought this bright coral stretch denim (the pictures do not do the actual colour justice) and made an a-line skirt. The pattern was self drafted, but I don't know what I was thinking when I made it as the waistband was far too tight! Anyway, as a result, this has been stuffed at the back of a drawer for the past couple of years. Having recently moved and desperate to de-clutter I retrieved this major fail and knew that this could be rescued from the sewing graveyard. I re-drafted a classic a-line pattern (same pattern as used for Crimplene suit) and had enough fabric in the skirt to re-cut it. Phew, that was lucky!

It's not going to set the world alight, but it's definitely a good'n!


Here's a picture of me wearing it in 'real life'. Believe it or not this is the best of a bad bunch and although I am fiddling with my hair, I prefer it to any of the pictures of me actually looking at the camera. I am wearing a completely handmade outfit with my spotted chambray shirt and a hand knit.


Check out my new clogs! Navy shoes with Navy tights! There is something very satisfying about co-ordinating shoes and tights isn't there? The clogs are from Lotta From Stockholm and they are spectacularly comfortable. I've become a bit of a clogaholic. It's always been an underlying problem, but now I know where to get lovely clogs, I don't know if I'll be able to stop!


No comments: