Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Miss Bossy patterns - complete!

I have finally finished my first 'Monthly Stitch' challenge! My pattern was this lovely vintage Butterick top and the fabric is a Liberty cotton lawn 'Grayson Perry' print. I opted for the sleeveless version in the end, as I thought it to be ulitmately more wearable. I have not made any adjustments to the fit, so is rather snug, but I think it looks ok!


Not having a photographer handy, I have attempted my own dodgy shots! You can't really see the neckline because of my hair.


 Armpit shot!


All inner facing/turnings were handstitched down for neatness.


Metal side zip...


So there we have it! I'm looking forward to starting my April challenge now, but I'm worried that April is looking a bit busy. Hopefully I'll come up with something!

2 comments:

sewmuch2learn said...

I love that pattern and your results are striking. Fun for summer and you could toss on a jacket or sweater for the office.

Marilla Walker said...

Thank you! I was saving the fabric for a special project and I'm glad I used it on this?