Wednesday, 2 April 2014

MMM '14 and 'Flora' sew along

Two sewing things to look forward to at the moment (well more than two, but these are the newest things). The first thing is the Flora sew along which kicked off today! My pattern arrived today and I can't wait to get started. First of all I have my 'Spring frock' to finish, then on to this.


The BHL girls have suggested a pattern hack for a playsuit, which sounds amazing! I was already thinking down the line of a denim pinafore style dress, but this might just sway me in a differnt direction. I really want to make two, but I'm not sure I've got time before the end of the sew along. 

When I got married 1 and a half years ago I had only just had my son (literally 6 weeks previous), so was not feeling in my best shape. I bought a very cheap pleated long dress from Topshop for the day, which looks nice in pictures, but is not what I would have worn if I was in tip top shape, so I would like to make a Flora dress in some ivory shantung silk to wear on our next anniversary in October. If I do not have time to make it this month, then it is definitely a future project.

The second exciting sewland news is Me Made May. This is not something I have participated in previously, but it sounds like an interesting idea. Basically I have pledged to wear at least one me made item of clothing each day of May. This is probably not too far from my actual dressing habit, but hopefully it will challenge me to wear a few FO's that have been hung up and forgotten about. At the moment I do wear handmade every day, but I tend to stick with select favourites rather than rotating my wardrobe fully, which begs the question, do I need to add to my handmade wardrobe quite as frequently as I do? I'm really looking forward to the challenge!

My me made garment of the day was my BHL print skirt (excuse smudge mirror shot!)
Oh yeah, and this is my 100th post! Happy anniversary to me!

2 comments:

Lady Stitcher said...

Happy blog anniversary! :) A playsuit Flora sounds brilliant, as does your wedding anniversary dress - what a lovely way to mark such a special occasion.

marilla freemantle said...

Thank you Lady Stitcher! Are you joining in with the BHL sew along? Let me know and I'll keep a look out for your version x