Here's the final week in outfits...
DAY 24 - I hate this photo!
DAY 25 - I hate this photo too! Bodice looks a bit messy...
- Me-made chambray dress from the 'Big Spring contest'. I had to change the bodice, as this was unwearable for breast feeding. I didn't want to wait another year to wear it, so cut a Flora tank bodice from my small amount of remaining offset warehouse fabric and attached it to the skirt. Much better!!!
- Me-made hand knit
- Me-made smock dress
- Gap jeans
- Toast coat - I can't imagine making a coat I love as much as this!
- Me-made change bag - used daily!
- Hobbs bag (orange one) - freebie won in a competition!
- H&M shoes
- Me-made Mimi blouse
- Gap jeans
- Alex Monroe necklace
DAY 28 - My darling children seem hell bent on keeping me from sleeping, so today I am having an EXTREMELY lazy day!
- Me-made stripe dress
- H&M leggings
- Me-made socks - unblogged
- Me-made self-drafted T-shirt - as yet unblogged!
- Me made trousers - wearable muslin (these have now stretched beyond recognition)
- Me-made dress (Flora tank bodice with pleated skirt) - as yet unblogged
- Cos jumper
- RTW tights
- Me-made stripey dress
- Me made baby jumper - unblogged
- Me made baby Maria!
So, what has this challenge done for me?
- Well, for one it has really made me look at my wardrobe in terms of handmade and RTW. Normally I don't distinguish between the two, as everything all merges together. As it turns out I do wear alot of handmade alot of the time, which is not something I was necessarily aware of until now.
- From a personal style point of view I can see that I actually have quite alot of coherence in my wardrobe. Stripes and Navy blue seem to be the glue that holds it all together ;-)
- As for my knitwear, I don't have a bad selection. There's a shortage of me-made jumpers (as in none), but I can definitely rectify that. I am a complete fibre snob though and no matter how good I get at knitting, nothing can quite compare to a good quality fine merino RTW jumper.
- I can stick to a challenge if I put my mind to it! I have surprised myself I have to say. It is actually hard work thinking about an outfit every day, as I don't normally think too hard with the prospect of being puked on or smudged by a baby and toddler looming over me, but it has been encouraging to be doing it alongside so many others. I think my motivation may have dipped if I was on my own as I am a bit of a flake and can easily talk myself out of things.
- I need to make some hand made clothes for my two little ones. I am a completely selfish sewer and only really make things for myself, so need to get into the habit of making little things for little people.
- I have met some amazing and truly inspirational sewers and (hopefully) friends through the power of the interweb.