Wednesday, 18 June 2014

I've shown you mine now show me yours!

Following on from my swimsuit post, I just want to say a big thank you for the positive comments! It has certainly been very liberating to put such 'real' pictures of myself out there. When I first pressed 'publish' on the post I was cringing inside, but on reflection I don't quite know why. I'm just a normal woman looking healthy and shapely.

Why do we get so hung up on our body image? If I'm ok with sitting on the beach in a swimsuit then what's the difference between that and showing it on my blog? Well, I guess on a beach I'm surrounded by loads of people and not the centre of attention, but I'm out there and not cowering away in the shadows. The positive comments make me want to encourage everyone to follow suit.


Channel your inner Marilyn and show the world what 'real' women look like!

5 comments:

Katie said...

I've got to admit, I am already wavering on whether to 'model' my swimsuit for the blog and I haven't even started it yet! Hopefully I feel so fabulous in it that I will be up for it. Good on you, you looked amazing in your suit.

marilla walker said...

It was definitely something on my mind from the start, but the excitement of the completed garment definitely pushed any doubts aside. I tried pinning it to my mannequin, but it looked rubbish! Thanks for your supportive comments and I can't wait to see yours. Your fabric choices are completely drool worthy.

helen siddon said...

Going to try and make a Bombshell before my jolly to Anglesey in August! I'll post a picture but plan to have a few glasses of wine before I build up the courage to press publish but I will do it, promise!

marilla walker said...

Can't wait to see it! X

JustSew Jenna said...

I promise, if I ever make a swimsuit I will model it on my blog! You look amazing in yours and I am so pleased you had the guts to model it, it wouldn't have looked anything like as good on a mannequin. xx