Thursday, 17 July 2014

Pattern testing - can anyone help me please?

Yay, I think I have enough testers now, thank you all so much for responding! Xxx


Well hello there, I'd like to introduce you to something I have been working on lately! I have been putting this pattern together for far too long now and need a bit of a kick up the bum to get things finished, so I thought I would put a call out to anyone who might be interested in pattern testing it.


The pattern is for a simple shirt dress that also has options for a shirt, plain dress or plain top with a dip hem at the back. This is totally drawn from my own personal style and I decided upon this as my first pattern mainly due to the positive response to the following two dresses during me made May. This is a relatively simple make and it has cap/kimono sleeves so no sleeve setting in required. The fit is loose, but not too baggy (I hope!) and the top edges are finished with facings. There is a choice of a straight hem or a shaped hem for the dress and the top can be shaped on the front and back or just the back with a straight front hem.


My beloved stripe dress and denim dress are much worn and definitely wardrobe staples.

Please note that the above garments are modified by myself from existing patterns whereas the pattern I have created is drafted from scratch with no direct reference to the patterns for the above styles.

So what do I need?
  • I am aiming to get everything completed by mid-August to send out for testing. I'm nearly there, I just need to refine the pattern a bit and finish writing the instructions. So if you are available to make this up between then and the end of August this would suit me perfectly!
  • I have graded this to fit a size range of UK8 - 18, so a variety of sizes are needed for testing
  • If you do not have a blog then don't worry you can still apply for testing. It's more about checking the instructions and size
I think that's it really!

I'm not sure if I should be more secretive about this project, but it's not in my nature, so there you go. I know that I already have one tester in the bag, I just need to rustle up a few more (Jenna, hope you're still in!)

If you're interested then email me at rillafree(at)hotmail(dot)com and give me a guide as to the size you'd like to test, your sewing level and blog name if you have one (just so I can be nosey)

Eeek, please humour and someone send me an email!!!!

8 comments:

MadebyMeg said...

Wow I love it! It looks like the perfect easy dress, and I know I'd wear that T-shirt all the time. And so many options! I told myself I wasn't going to test any more patterns this month but I would love to test this one if you still need someone. messagemeg@gmail.com

beassewingadventures said...

They look like really great patterns! Useful and wearable on a daily basis. Good luck with them.

laglov said...

I remember seeing the black and white version on your blog and LOVING it! I'd love to test your pattern. Congratulations on getting it drafted. My email is: laglov@gmail.com

Sam said...

I'd love to be a tester and have just sent you an email.

wethesewing said...

I would have loved to test this!! Looks great. Unfortunately we're mid-move to Denmark then. Will have to look forward to the finished product instead. Good luck!

JustSew Jenna said...

I'm still in!! I'm so excited!!

Caroline said...

If you do need an extra tester I'm up for it ; )

Marilla Walker said...

Thank you so much to everyone for putting yourselves forward for testing! Apologies if you were too late, if I didn't need to try and earn some money I would give it to you all for free! Xxx