You may also notice that I have a serious addiction to this fabric. I cannot stop topping up my supply whenever I run out, previously used here and here.
I have updated the instructions for the neckline construction to include a binding or tape on the inside to stabilise the neck edge where this was previously just turned and stitched down. Look how neat this looks!
Here are some more pictures of my new dress. I was bored with my background wall, so put some fabric there instead!
In my original post for this pattern here I was all about the gussets, both shoulder and underarm, but I have omitted the underarm gusset on this dress version and the fit is still fine.
Warning! Before you look down there is some mum tum on show...
I have unpicked and re-stitched the neck edge on the top version with a tape reinforcement as per the new instructions because I found that it would flop down when worn as it was.
Here is that underarm gusset...
I love how they look layed flat. So simple!
So if you're tempted to have a go you now have some ever so slightly prettier instructions to follow. Let me know if you have a go!
Please note: you do not have to use stripes!!!
Here are the links...
If you have any problems viewing these links then let me know and I'll try and help!
If you are having trouble getting the print test square to scale, or if the pages are not centered and surrounded by a black line border then it may be because you are trying to print directly from the file online. Download the file to your computer somewhere first or open with adobe reader and print. Make sure to select 'actual size' in your print preference so that the scale does not get altered.