Saturday, 18 October 2014

Hand sewn Christmas swap!

Right, who's up for a christmas swap then! Too soon? I don't think so!

http://www.helenmakesthings.co.uk/2011/10/handmade-christmas-decorations-i-didnt-make-these-but/
Link on picture - I did'nt make these cuties
 Basically I'm hosting a christmas swap in which you will be partnered up with someone at random and you will each make a christmas decoration to swap with your partner. That's pretty much it really! Hand printed, hand sewn, hand emroidered, whatever you want!

So, if you're interested in joining in with this festive swap then leave your name and your email address in the below comments. Register by next Saturday the 25th October and make sure that you have something in the post by the 1st of December to your partner. Does that sound fair? I don't know about you, but I like to start putting up christmas stuff right at the beginning of December to make the most of it, so it would great to have my little hand made surprise already.

Only rule is to have some kind of online presence, be that a blog or an instagram account. Your partner wants to be able to see who they're dealing with!!! I'm fairly new to Instagram, but it's a great way of sharing progress and makes it a bit more fun!

Oh, one last thing! This is open to international sewists too, so be prepared to post abroad!

22 comments:

Ute said...

How fun!! I am in! You have my mail already��

Meg Mookaht said...

Hey! It's never too early for Christmas :) I'm so up for this! Meg at mookaht@gmail.co.uk :) great idea!

Sam said...

What fun, I'd love to join in. My email is sam (dot) molloy (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk

Marilla Walker said...

Great that you"re all in!

Must remember to add Nikki from this is moonlight too! (Reminder to self)

wethesewing said...

Me too, me too! Basically just sign me up to any swap you do ;) Great idea Marilla!

jo burgess said...

I'd love to :-) jo @ ynil.com

helen siddon said...

I'm in but beware somebody may receive something that looks like a four year old made in nursery! ��

Tracy said...

Love to join in! www trixielixiesblog.com @beingtrixielixie

Caroline said...

I'd love to get involved. Caroline
CJ Made
ett @ oddpost dot co dot uk

amanda stinton said...

Yayyy! So pleased you've arranged another swap, sign me up again :)

Accordion3 said...

I'm keen to give the swap a go too - can you team me up with someone here in Aus? just thinking of postal times.

My blog =http://bobbinsbikesandblades.com/wordpress/

Instagram = accordion3

Jennie said...

I really shouldn't add something else to my to do list, but it's too fun to miss :)
jennie@jaggedrose.se

Marilla Walker said...

Hiya, I can't guarantee who you will be partnered with, but don't worry about times. If you think it will take longer, just discuss it with your partner and work to a shorter time frame. There's still plenty of time, so don't panic!

facutinsufragerie said...

Great idea! I'm in! :)
Geo
Georgetasoilica at yahoo dot com

JustSew Jenna said...

yes please!!!!!!!!

englishgirlathome.com said...

Yay, count me in! powell2317(at)hotmail.com

Fiona said...

I'd love to join in. fionalsy (at) hotmail (dot) com

I also blog at fionamakes.wordpress.com

Instagram : fionamakes

Abi said...

Yessssss, I'm in! My email is abigail(dot)wilkinson(at)gmail(dot)com and I can't wait!

So Charming said...

Would love to join. Soooocharming@gmail.com

Sonia said...

Mum here! I am definitely in for this (already have an idea, so will be starting almost immediately). Hope posting to Belize won't be too awkward for a partner............

Jo said...

I'd love to join in, please sign me up :-) bubala at optusnet dot com dot au

ginny said...

I'd love to join the fun! ginny(at)tidepool(dot)com