Sunday, 25 January 2015

My vintage pattern pledge!

I am going to take my vintage pattern pledge a lot more seriously this year. Last year I pledged to sew up three patterns and only managed one, but sewed it up three times (two unblogged) and therefore persuaded myself that I had completed my challenge. This year it is hosted by Kerry and Marie and I am going to be far more rigid (in theory) about my approach. I plan to make at least one item from the following three patterns.




These patterns were sent to me by Cat of Sewing the 60's blog in exchange for some fabric and I am so looking forward to making something. That top one is actually one that she wanted to keep, so she has traced mine by hand and printed the cover envelope and instructions, which makes it even more special!!!

I don't know when or where I'll start, but I've got the whole year to formulate some ideas. How hard can it be??? Ok, so we all know it's hard sticking to a sewing plan, but I really want to try and complete this challenge properly.

5 comments:

Kestrel said...

All those patterns are great and so wearable. I love the first one too but also the third one.

Marilla Walker said...

The third one is awesome! It's worth making both versions if I get time, but the collared version is a definite x

Caroline said...

I love those patterns. Maybe I should do this pledge. I have a little stash of vintage patterns which I keep ignoring when a shiny new Indie-pattern comes on the scene (to be honest not even new patterns are getting me sewing at the moment due to other 'house-renovation' commitments). I think you have tempted me to join in too!!

Marilla Walker said...

Oh yes, come and join in even if you pledge just one (which is probably what I should have done). Hope the house is coming along nicely! :-)

Kathryn said...

Oh these are all such lovely patterns! I'm planning to take part this year as well, just need to get organised & get my pledge in.