Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Evan skirt pattern release

I've just been putting the final touches to my skirt pattern and I'm happy to say it is done! Here is the Evan skirt. It has a retro seventies appeal with a hint of the nineties thrown in for good measure, which as a seventies baby (tail end of) and nineties teenager/young adult is not really that surprising.


 
 
What's that, just another skirt pattern??? Well yes I guess it is really, but it's got so much to give. Pockets, check! Belt loops, check! Zip fly, check, check, check!!!
 
Here's the description from the pattern instruction's, so that you can get to know this skirt a bit more.
 
This style is a classic a-line skirt with back yoke, fly front fastening and front/back pockets. The waistband is curved for a flattering fit and sits at the natural waist. There are two different length options with interchangeable details as per below.

View A - This option hits just below the knee and key features are the front split and pin tuck pocket details.

View B - An ankle length skirt with plain pockets and belt loops at the waist.
 
It can basically fit in with a variety of dress styles and you can swap around the pocket and front split details to suit you.
 
There are more details regarding suitable fabrics and available sizes etc in my Etsy shop, but I will be back to tell you more about the versions I have made and share some inspiration, so stay tuned!
 
Right, I'll leave you with this last shot and I'll see you later! xxx
 

4 comments:

Sewingsu said...

I love the short denim version! I didn't think I was in to long skirts but yours looks really good!

Marilla Walker said...

Ah thanks! I'm not really a maxi skirt type of person, but I do love this length. If it goes beyond my ankles I tend to trip over too much though! ;-)

helen siddon said...

It's a great skirt and has got me all nostalgic for my nineties wardrobe! The long version looks so good paired with your stripy tee, the proportions are perfect! X

Marilla Walker said...

Thanks lovely, oh the nineties!!! ;-)